It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Canadian Honor Roll......................


Catchy title right?? We had the missionaries over again tonight and I was telling them about my grades, which I am so proud of and I am sorry for boasting but I was so surprised to get an A- and an A! I know my academic career is far from over, but it sets a good tone and gives me more motivation to do well in the upcoming courses.
Anyway, one of the guys is from Canada and he said with my percentages, which were 97% and 91%, I would be on the honor roll in Canada. I know we don't live in Canada, but it made me feel good.:) Anything above an 80% there is an A. Isn't that crazy?? Anyway, it was a good self-esteem booster and I was sooo surprised to get such good grades. Now that I know I am capable of great grades, I want to keep doing well and not slack off. This is something I have always wanted to do and I need to remember that it is a blessing to have this opportunity again.
Kai is with his dad until Sunday in Salt Lake City and I miss him a lot. Ashtyn especially does and she gets bored fast, so I have set up play dates all week so that she has partners in crime. She said the cutest thing when she went to bed tonight and said goodbye to the missionaries, she said, "Goodnight, see you later, go ride your bikes and go to bed." It was so cute. She is such a firecracker.
Also, some other good news and probably redundant for anyone reading this, my best friend is coming to visit on Wednesday until Saturday, I am sooo excited. I have not seen her for 9 long months and I can't wait. I have not made the greatest friends in my life, she is the most amazing, loyal and dependable friend I have ever had. I don't think I stop and really think about how many wonderful people I have in my life, until recently. Christi is one of those people that you feel grateful just to be in their company.
So, there is my post. I write these things mostly for myself, kind of an outlet. I hope you all don't mind. (all two of you) :)

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Cheers to ya girl! I'd be making my own certificate and framing that Canadian bad boy Honor roll!! Gimme a little "WHOOP WHOOP!"
I'm proud of ya! I'm also wishing I was the one coming to see you this week, how fun would that be?

mizkylie said...

I would love to see you! How long has it been! Like a million years! WHOOP WHOOP for you!

Ginger said...

Great job! That is awesome. I got bad grades in high school and always want to go finish college. If I do I hope I can do as well as you are doing!

Emily P. said...

thanks Kylie! That sounds like an amazing proposal! So where are you taking classes?