It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Life is Good......

I think I may be onto something..... Life is just too short, you know. I think many people, as well as myself, take life for granted. There is so much pettiness in this world and Lord knows, petty things get the best of me too much of the time. I never thought this was something I could change, I just thought it was a characteristic that I would always have. If I had a penny for every time I heard someone say to me, "Why do you even let that bother you?" and "Why do you even care what that person says?" and every time I am thinking, "Easy for you to say" and "Gee, thanks for the tip Einstein" I'd hire someone else to type this very blog I am writing while I speak.
Lately I have been feeling great! I mean, I have gotten to this point where instead of having something eating at me the majority of the time, I feel at ease and I am not over analyzing things as much. I am sure this "at ease" feeling I am having is probably still chaos for the normal person.:)
I have let go of a lot of things lately and decided that I am who I am, and for the first time in a long time, I really like who I am and the things I am accomplishing in life.
There is this book called "The Four Agreements" and I really like it, I am not above reading the occasional self-help book and there is a chapter in this book that is so right!!
The title of this specific chapter is "Don't take anything personally."
The description is something I really agree with and I learned a lot from (and am still learning from), it reads:
"Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering."

Obviously, I doubt I will ever be "immune" and this is something I think of a lot. I have wasted so much time being upset over the dumbest things and anytime I feel like blaming my attitude on something, I think of this statement. It is a hard lesson to learn though.
Anyway, life is good. I think it is a good thing to reflect and express the positive changes you see in yourself, no matter how vain it may seem.:)

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

There are these cute baseball hats that say life is good on them. They are really cute. I may pick one up for ya!
I might have you send me your book when your done with it. You know I can always just hit the Library! =0)
I used to be worried about doing something and looking stupid, then I realized nobody else is waisting their time worried about if I looked stupid or not. They are way past that and have alot of better things to do. We are really the only one's dwelling on it and for no reason.
Most people have moved on and not even thinking about the stupid thing we've done. It's done.
Great Post.

Aaron & Christi said...

Kyle,

I am so proud of you adn the way life is going for you. You are truly an insiration to me in my life. I wish other people could see you the way I do, it is just their loss.

A fan said...

Kylie, I was told that your blog was very well written and that I should view it. Well, they were right. I love that you are able to voice the things that most of us would not dare to. It is such a good thing to let go of the negative things in our lives and your writing inspires me to do the same. I will always be a fan. :)