It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Screwtape letters



This book helped me get back to church. I loved this book so much and although it is fictional, it really isn't. The book is is a series of 31 letters written between a senior devil (screwtape) to a junior devil (wormwood). Screwtape advises Wormwood throughout the book on how to keep a person from living their Christian faith. It teaches him specifically what to do to keep them from doing anything that has to do with Christianity.

It got me thinking, hard, about how these ideas get pushed into my mind. Indecision was a big one. Satan wants us to be undecided, and I was for so very long. Should I go to church? Why not wait a little longer? Do I really need God in my life? The answers to these questions are more and more clear to me every day. It truly is an awesome book that I urge all of you to read, it is an easy read and takes no time at all.

Let me know your thoughts if you do read it or if you have read it. Happy Reading!!

2 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

I've read it - loved it! Put things into not a completely new, but just different perspective for me. Glad you enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

I actually was going to mention this book today in class, but I couldn't think of "Screwtape". Lame, I know, but that's what happens when I'm prego. Actually, it happens when I'm not, too, but then I just claim post-pregnancy stupor...

Anyways, love CS Lewis - he was enlightened!! :)