
No one is a firmer believer in the power of prayer than the devil; not that he practices it, but he suffers from it. ~Guy H. King
Tonight, Tyson, Kai and I walked up to my bedroom to read and plopped onto our King size bed, so we were plenty comfortable. I have been reading the Book of Mormon for the last couple of weeks and was going to just read with Tyson, but Kai wanted to listen too.
Ashtyn was asleep, so just the three of us sat on my bed and right away Kai asked us why he has to eat the bread and water at church. So, Tyson took over (he is usually quiet when I read) and he asked Kai if he knew what a symbol was or what it meant. Kai said "yes" and Tyson went on to talk about how when you put the batman symbol in the air, it is so Batman himself will come help them. I thought it was an awesome example, so I sat there quietly listening to the love of my life teach our son about Jesus and Sacrament and Faith. I was in complete and utter AWE. I cried silent, happy tears as I listened to my Kai's innocent yet profound questions about what my husband was telling him. Kai seemed so eager and so hungry to learn more. I LOVED IT!!
The spirit was so thick, it was almost tangible. I felt so proud of Tyson teaching us both what he knows in such a calm way. After they had their little discussion we kept talking about faith and I told him a few stories from the BOM and he loved it. He asked me if he could say a prayer but he didn't want to mess up so I told him we would just do a practice prayer, this is what he said after we all folded our arms and bowed our heads:
"Dear Heavenly father, bless that my parents are safe, bless that my sister will be better, bless that I will have a good day tomorrow and I will be good. I'm thankful for my sister that is sometimes nice to me and I love my family. God, please help us. AMEN"
I felt so proud of my little Kai for this HUGE accomplishment. I smiled him my biggest smile and Tyson had a tear going down his cheek and said, "Kai that was a perfect prayer, I love you buddy, good night." I gave him a huge bear hug and told him how proud I was of him and how proud Jesus and God are of him and I also told him how proud his Grandma Best and Grandpa George were of him. He was on cloud 9. I tucked him into bed and he asked me to sleep with him in case he gets scared. With this I told him, "Kai, another wonderful thing you can ask God for is to help you when you are scared. You can ask him to help you get the thoughts out of your head, or ask him to keep you safe, just do not ever forget to tell him how thankful you are for happy things you have in your life. Goodnight Booger, I love you more than anything."
Off I went, looked back and saw him with eyes closed and a bowed head.
--
3 comments:
That was a perfect prayer. I got a little bit emotional reading that. See what wonderful things you have already taught him, Kylie. Sweet.
Also, I love the new format.
Cute!
Post a Comment