Ashtyn is terrified of any kind of doctor. Io mean, TERRIFIED. We have taken her into the dentist 3 times!! None of them would even try because she was crying and really scared, but these dentists didn't even try. They were all from the same chain of dental offices called Absolute Dental (NEVER go there) because we thought that our insurance only takes them. We finally discovered that this is not the case, through Absolute Dental, we all get $2500 a year worth of dental work that is ALL paid for, but ONLY through Absolute Dental. It is SO not worth it. They will do anything they can, even try to push unneccessary dental work onto you to get the price over $2500. It is ridiculous.
Yesterday, we took Miss Ashtyn to a new Pedatric Dentist, Dr. Waggoner. He was amazing and was so calm with Ashtyn, that even though she cried, he was able to do a full exam. But, he was not able to get x-rays. He spoke with us in great detail about today's procedure. He is going to give Ashtyn a mixture 2 medications to relax her enough to cap one of her teeth and to give her x-rays, and if that goes well, they will do the fillings today too. I am PRAYING that this goes well. If not, we will have to pay a ton of money for surgery, which, of course we will do, but we could really use the money for other things (like saving up to visit family) I have been praying so hard that Ashtyn is calm and at peace knowing she is in good hands.
I will let you all know how it goes. I will be there all morning, if all goes well that is and they are able to get all of the work done today.
2 comments:
Good luck and let me know how things go. I know have out of control she gets. I sure hope you don't have to spend the extra money because she is a drama queen like her aunt. Hehe.
I would take her to a pedo dentist for sure especially since she has such bad anexiety. They are better equipt to deal with kids. If she were to come into our office that way we would automatically refer her to a specialist. No need to traumatize them.
Post a Comment