
Kai has been asking a lot of questions about the church recently, and about the "church books". The Mister and I have been telling him some stories in the Book of Mormon that he likes to listen to. He asked us if he could have some church books of his own and we found him a BOM and a Bible. He just likes the idea of having his own and we told him that we would get him his own set, engraved and all, this year when he turns 8 and gets "Babatized". He is pretty stoked about that.
Monday, I picked him up from the bus stop and out he comes carrying his Book of Mormon for the world to see. At first, I am ashamed to say, I was embarrassed. His bus stop is on a main road where all the cars have to wait and there is always a long line of cars waiting at that time of day, I mean, everyone could see what he was holding. I know, dumb excuse, but don't worry, my embarrassment was quickly replaced by pride. Deep, humbling, PRIDE. I asked him why he took his BOM to school and he said, "I wanted to show all of my friends, I even let Skyler read some pages!" He was so excited about it. He took it to school for the rest of the week.
I learned an important lesson, so many of us are afraid to talk about or share our love of the gospel in public because of what people may say or think. Watching Kai be so excited about showing off his "church book" just because he wanted to share his excitement with everyone at school. It's amazing how much we can learn from our children.
I think Kai would make an awesome missionary, if that is what he wants to do.:)
2 comments:
Oh that is so neat. My eyes teared up a little.
That is tender. Isn't it amazing - some kids are just born with a testimony. It's a gift.
Post a Comment