

Grandpa Curtis is a decorated WWII hero. He served on the FRONT LINES as a medic and we are so lucky to have him in our lives, he is the sweetest, toughest, cutest man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! We love you grandpa Curtis, this day is for you!!
George Conrad Schrader

Grandpa Schrader also served in WWII for the U.S. Navy in Okinawa (where my mother is from) He likes to tell his stories and is also a very good man!! We love you grandpa Schrader!! This day is for you as well!
These two very amazing men are Veterans. They also happen to be Tyson's grandpa's, what a lucky guy Tyson is, and I am because I am very fond of these two men and am lucky to have married into such an awesome family!!!
Today we honor our brave soldiers, those who fight for our country and for their families that support them. We are so lucky to live in a free land and to have the opportunities that we do.
The recent tragedy at Ft. Hood, Texas where 13 people were killed and 31 were injured makes me so angry, these soldiers were in training and were not even overseas and still were in danger of their lives, people lost their lives for no reason whatsoever. It is heartbreaking that they died by the hand of a fellow soldier on American soil. My heart and prayers go out to their families.
I am grateful for all of our brave soldiers who risk their lives everyday to honor and serve their country.
6 comments:
I too am so thankful for these men and women who serve. My dad, Tyson's Grandpa was a decorated war hero in WW2. 1000 WW2 Vets are dying everyday so when we have the chance to honor them we should.
OMG! I can't believe that I did not mention them!! I will get pics up ASAP!!
Your cute Kylie. That was a great tribute to them. I will be sure to let them know.
Very Cool! I Love Vets!
Kylie,
I read your blog about grandpa Curtis and Grandpa Schrader. That was really nice!! You have such a nice way with words. Maybe you should be a writer.
I read the whole thing and enjoyed it. I guess I am smarter than I thought because I didn't have any trouble getting into that. I am proud of myself.
Tell Tyson, Ashtyn, and Ki hello from us and give them a huig. We love you guys alot. Stay cool.
Love
Grandma Schrader
Cute pictures of Grandpa Curtis! I love that man! (oh and by the way his middle name is Lavar) :)
Post a Comment