It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I am thankful for.....


~ Great books! Even bad books are good sometimes so you can appreciate the really good ones! You know what they say, "You can't have a rainbow without any rain." I am reading a book called 'The Glass Castle' and it is a true story about this woman's life. Her family was very, very poor and really made the most of what they had, which was close to nothing. It is a very good book to read, especially during this time of year when we are reflecting on things we are thankful for and we are experiencing a bad economy. This book really brings it all into perspective.

~ Good Movies. I cannot tell you how many times a good movie has really help me escape my life for a short time. I love getting lost in another world and letting my imagination take a hold of me.

~ Memories. Memories last a lifetime and I am thankful that we can retain our memories and relive them whenever we want to.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Well said! I love your list of things you're thankful for! Good reminders for all of us. :)

And WAY TO GO! 3 months is fabulous; I'm so proud of you.

Ginger said...

Oh this is such a cute idea to do the thankful posts. I need to read more.