It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kai-ism

On our 18 hour drive home, around hour 17, this is a conversation that Kai and I had....

Kai: "Mom, lets sing a Jesus song."
Me: "Okay, do you want to sing, 'I am a child of God'?"
Kai: "No, I don't want to sing that one, lets pick another one."
Me: "Alright, when you think of one, let me know." (As I turn the radio back on)

One minute of silence

Kai: (very frustrated) "Just don't come cryin to me when we crash because we didn't sing a Jesus song!"
Me: (laughing) "Well, don't come cryin to me when.....when.....I don't know when."
Kai: "Sooooo there is NO reason I need to come cryin to you, right?"

Tyson and I laughed hysterically at this. Kai can be so witty. It was just what we needed to get us through that last hour of driving! Thanks Kai! :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

18 hour drive!? Painful! That's some good family bonding time, right there!!! But what a sweet spirited boy...wanting to sing a Jesus song!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! Wish I could have met you while you were here but maybe we can get to know eachother through our blogs and then the NEXT time you make an 18 HOUR DRIVE (yikes) we can meet in person :)

Kathleen said...

it looks like you guys had such a fun trip! you're super brave to do a drive like that!