It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Sunday General Conference


Our seats were so good!

Aunt Mary, Uncle Craig, Rochelle, Tresa, Me and Katie


We also attended the afternoon session of General Conference on Easter Sunday and I must say, it was so unbelievably AMAZING. Sitting there with 21,000 other people who believe the same things and are there to see the prophet and hear the guidance which would be spoken was completely astounding.
I loved every. single. talk. I brought my new journal and I swear that below every entry it says, "I LOVED THIS TALK!!" Some of my favorites;


Elder Russell M. Nelson of the 12 Apostles spoke about family. He spoke about doing temple work for our loved ones who have passed on and that our goal is to have Eternal Families. He was so cute and I just loved him instantly.



Elder Robert D. Hales of the 12 Apostles gave a great talk about leading by example. This talk really meant a lot to me. He spoke about taking advantage of the teaching moments we have in our home and to make family dinner a priority. We need to sit down and eat dinner together, I do not realize how important it is, he said that it isn't about the food, it is about the time you spend as a family. I am determined to do this, especially when we get a table that isn't broken.:) He said, "The greatest love shown, is the love in our homes." I agree.



Elder Bradley D. Foster of the Seventy gave a beautiful talk about mothers and the importance of our role as mothers. He said, "There is no greater good in all of the world than Motherhood."
President Joseph F. Smith said, "The love of a true mother comes nearer to being like the love of God than any other love" His talk really touched my heart and it stayed with me and still is with me. He also said to never give up on family members who may be struggling and to always let them know there is a place in your heart and your home for them. I just loved this talk.


After he spoke, everyone stood and sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and it was the most emotional thing I have ever witnessed. I was so touched that I couldn't help but cry, I saw MANY others crying and singing with all of their strength and I looked around and felt I had witnessed something so amazingly beautiful. Words cannot ever describe the feeling I had in my heart at that moment. I wish everyone could have witnessed it. I will never forget that, and that is now my favorite hymn.



Elder James Martino spoke about how to overcome our trials. He taught us 5 things to learn from the teachings of Christ which included "Do not murmur or complain" and I need to really work on this one.:) He also included that we need to seek help from Heavenly Father especially when we are struggling. He said that we need to serve others in the midst of our struggles and that service for others helps us forget our struggles and brings forth blessings that we need during that time. He also said to forgive others. We need to be accountable for our own actions and not be bitter or blame others for our trials. Such a great talk and all so true and it included things I need to take to heart.



I was waiting all day to hear Elder Gregory Schwitzer of the Seventy speak because he is a close friend of my in-laws and my husband. He married Tyson and I and although I do not know him as well as my in-laws do, I have spoke with him and I know he is one of the most humble and honest men I have met. He spoke about being judgemental and how we need to use good judgement when making decisions in our lives by:
~ Living with the highest standards that coincide with the teachings of the church
~ Listening to the Holy Ghost, he is vital to developing good judgement
~ Keep the Commandments, this is also so important in our personal and spiritual growth
I thought he did an amazing job, I was so proud to know him and to be able to say, this man married Tyson and I.



Elder Fransisco J. Vinas of the Seventy spoke next about spritual death and about teaching our children the things pertaining to righteousness. He said that families are under attack all over the world because Satan is trying to tear families apart since it is our ultimate goal to have Eternal families.



Elder Neil L. Andersen of the 12 Apostles said, "We have heard and felt the mind and will of the Lord in this conference." He is so right. He said that each one of us needs to have our own conversion to the church, each of us needs to believe the gospel for ourselves. He said to tell our children the stories of Jesus and to make sure his life and his stories are embedded into our hearts and our minds. He said to teach children about faith and about prayer so that they may develop their own testimony. Wherever and whenever you speak of Jesus, his spirit will be there guiding you and comforting you.



Lastly, our Living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson spoke again and I just love him. He said that the session had been so good and the spirit was with us. He said we were all there because we love the Lord and we want to serve him. Every time this wonderful man speaks, I hang on every word because every single word that he speaks is filled with love and sincerity. At one point he said, " I LOVE YOU." I started to cry because I know with everything in me that he meant it. He truly meant it, not only to all 21,000 of us in that room, but to everyone watching on television, listening on the radio and even all of those who were not watching. I am so grateful for this experience and I got so much out of it.

After conference, we went to my in-laws and ate Easter Dinner with them, I was reunited with Kai and we said our goodbyes to the family. I boarded the plane home with a new joy in my heart, and some new ideas and exciting things to share with my loving husband and children. Mama's got a brand new bag. :)

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Between the two of us we wont need a conference Ensign. lol! I had such a fun few weeks, laughing and playing games and eating and visiting friends and being big boobs at conference! Seriously, I am booking plane tickets for next year!

Cammy Patton said...

You took some awesome notes girl! Those talks were wonderful. It sounds like you had a marvelous time. I am happy for you.

Unknown said...

I love it!!!! Way to be so awesome!

Old Main Photography said...

I loved Rochelle's comment about not needing a conference ensign, lol! It was fun to meet her, and so sweet of you girls to take time to visit me. Thank you! I love reading your posts... you are inspirational. :)