It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spontaneous Combustion


Hello blogger friends!! Sunday night, my lovely cousin called me and begged me to drive to see her in St. Helens, OR. This is the town they filmed Twilight in and Bella's house is there. It is about 30 miles from Portland. I visited last year and we had blast!! I went by myself though and this time we were all invited. So, at midnight Sunday night/Monday morning we planned and schemed and figured out every answer to any concerns Tyson may have. I was super nervous to ask because I was so excited already and Rochelle had everything planned out.

Monday morning came and Tyson was awakened by me kissing him all over the cheeks and face. I asked him what he wanted for breakfast, he told me eggs and bacon. I said I would happily make him some eggs and bacon if he would answer me a very important question. He obliged and the question went something like this,

"Tyson, you have the whole week off and we have never been on a family vacation ever and the kids have never seen the ocean and we'll take them to Cannon beach and to a real Zoo. Besides, Rochelle planned everything so we need to pack and leave today as soon as Kai gets off school and I will bring the truck into get the oilchangedandstuffpleeeeeaaaase!?????????????????????"
Yeah, I was talking so excitedly and fast that is exactly how it sounded:)
Tyson calmly said he needed to think about it, so he took his trusty newspaper into the bathroom and stayed a while. While he was in there, I had both of my kids look at pictures of what a beach was to get them excited. We all got on our knees and waited outside the bathroom clasping our hand and waiting by the bathroom door for Tyson and his almighty decision.

Tyson walked out in all of his glory and looked down at us, peasants. Obviously we were below him because he is KING. We just waited for The King to speak first. and he did, he said, "Okay, go get the oil changed and Ill get the kids packed.

4 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

I love that you were kneeling outside the bathroom. Hilarious.

Ashleigh said...

Sounds like a great trip! Have fun!

{Jamey} said...

Oh fun! Unplanned trips are the best cause you aren't expecting anything! How fun to see all the Twilight sites too!

Rochelle said...

That was the best spontaneity yet! I love this picture with them staring at eachother! What a fun week, thanks for coming, I smile just thinking of it all!