It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Utah Trip, Part One



Kai and I flew to Utah Wednesday night and when we arrived at the airport and had already gone through security, we found out that our flight was 2 hours delayed!! Kai was pretty bored, but still in good spirits. We arrived in Salt Lake City at 11:40 PM and Kai was exhausted. Jeremiah, Kai's dad met us at the airport and took Kai with him for a visit. I waited for Rochelle to pick me up. We stayed with my Aunt Mary at her home in Orem and basically passed out when we got back to her house.
I apologize in advance for the poor quality pics, I could not find my camera cord and had to take pictures of the pictures with my phone:)

Thursday, we decided to just relax and visit some friends. My amazing friend Amber was home that morning, so Rochelle and I drove to Spanish Fork and I got to see her BEAUTIFUL kids and just chat with her for a bit. I just love her. She is such a wonderful and loving friend and just so beautiful inside and out. She is such a good mother and wife and I just cannot say enough good about her.
My sister, Mara, came to see us and I was able to meet her new girlfriend, Michelle. We had fun together and I just love Michelle, she is such a cute girl. Mara has always been fun and I was so glad I was able to spend a little time with her because I was running around all weekend and I was worried I wouldn't be able to see her. We had fun and Michelle and I hit it off right away, I just love that girl!! :)


The rest of the day, Rochelle and I just marveled at the snow that was EVERYWHERE and we just relaxed and did what we love best, LAUGH!

When my Aunt got home from work, she wanted to go see "When in Rome" I did NOT want to see that, I wanted to stay home and watch my beloved "Survivor and Grey's Anatomy" but, I never see these two lovely ladies, so I went to the movie with them. The second we arrived in the theater and the movie was only on for 3 minutes, my Aunt announced that she had already seen it! Rochelle had already seen it as well, so I am the one who didn't want to see it and had to. I thought the movie was alright. I made them both promise that they would go see "Dear John" with me the next day, so all was well.

Friday
My Aunt got off work early and we went to see a matinee of "Dear John" I LOVED this movie. It was so good, I cried, we all cried. I love Nicholas Sparks movies and this one had some twists, but ended up so good. It was fun to spend time with my mom's sister. I get a glimpse of what she would be like now.

Afterwards, I took Rochelle to my in-laws house to visit with them. Of course she loved them instantly and we just sat and chatted together for a few hours and drove back to Orem in a snow storm. I am not use to driving in the snow, so it was weird for me, but needless to say, we made it just fine:) We got back and played Rummikub and some card games and that is when my dearest TRESA showed up!! She is my cousin, Rochelle's 15-year-old daughter and I just love her!! She is the cutest girl!

No comments: