
Saturday morning, we all woke up at 7:00 AM to drive to Salt Lake City for the first session of General Conference. I expected there to be a ton of protesters, but there really wasn't that many. I guess they figured it is a lost cause.:) I do not understand why people protest religion, I think it just reflects on their own feelings about the church and I think they are hypocrites because they don't want anyone pushing their UNBELIEFS on them, but they are willing to force their negative feelings on us when all we are doing is walking into a building and minding our own business. Hmmm. Below was my FAVORITE poster, there was a guy dressed like Satan standing by it!:)

Anyway, I had never seen the inside of the Conference center, it is beautiful. Simple, but so beautifully simple. We all got seated in GREAT seats, lower level and we could see perfectly, and we had about an hour before conference started. It was amazing looking around at all the people getting their seats. It was a comforting and lovely feeling. I thought to myself, "These are my peeps!"
Everyone stood when the prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and the counselors walked into the room. We all waited for the Prophet to sit down and he would half-sit and then stand back up again and laugh. It was so cute and funny. He is just so loveable. I loved his brief talk at the beginning of Conference, it really was so endearing and I love hearing him talk about his wife. You can just feel the love he has for you just by listening to the sincerity in his voice. He is an amazing man.
Here are my favorite highlights from this session. My cousin, Rochelle wrote them all perfectly, so I copied this part from her blog since it is the same points I loved from Conference.
Sister Julie Beck- "The ability to qualify for, receive and act upon personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life" She goes on to say women need not expect constant acknowledgement and pats on the back but know that, " We can be certain that the Lord is pleased when we feel the spirit working through us". He is aware of all we do.
Elder M. Russell Ballard- To mothers about your daughters and daughters about your mothers. To daughters;"Mothers adore you they see the promise of future generations." Be modest and look to your mothers for a role model. Ignore the seductive ways the world portrays a women. "No other person loves you in the same way or as willing to sacrifice as much..."
To mothers; Young women behave like their mothers, your example is extremely important.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said, What you do speaks so loud I cannot hear what you say"
President Harold B Lee said ,"The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home."
I noticed a lot of people writing and taking notes during Conference, and I realized it was time for me to get a new journal. We drove to Deseret Book to pick me out a new journal and there were tons of people there. We were told that every year during the Priesthood Session, they have what is called "Ladies Night Out" where you get a free gift and can won prizes throughout the night. We decided to stay and hang out to see if we could win something.

While we sat and waited, there was a woman that was painting her nieces faces. I told her I would gladly be her guinea pig if she needed to paint a face. So..... I got my face painted. Here are some pics of us just hanging around Deseret Book.


we went back to my Aunts house and we played games. I taught my Aunt how to play the card game, B.S. and she is hilarious!! She cannot lie to save her life! It was so much fun! We all just have a blast together!!
1 comment:
Love the face :)! I miss Ladies Night Out - I used to go with my mom. They don't even have a Deseret Book here... but all still well, I suppose :).
Post a Comment