It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Early Easter



Tyson and I decided to celebrate Easter a week early since Kai and I went to Salt Lake City over the real Easter weekend. Our ward had an Easter egg hunt for the kids at a local park and I love doing that because the kids all get the same amount of eggs and everything is fair and no kids get hurt or go without any eggs. The Easter bunny showed up as well and he was awesome. Ashtyn was a little unsure at first, but she seemed to accept the bunny:)










Kai was obviously too cool to get his picture taken with the Easter Bunny. But, he wasn't too cool or too big to hunt for eggs. He was there with a little red-headed girl from our ward that I suspect he has a bit of a crush on:)





We went home and colored eggs and made spring cookies with the kids. They had no idea that it was not really Easter and we got the fun part of Easter out of the way.





Kai and I flew to Utah last Wednesday so he could see his dad over Spring Break and so I could attend LDS General Conference with my Aunt and my cousin, Rochelle. I do have to say, Conference was so AMAZING. There is something to be said about sitting in a beautiful and very big room with 21,000 other people who share the same beliefs. I will write about my experience when I can get my pics uploaded:) I hope you all had a very fun Easter and were able to remember what it is all about as well. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Fun stuff! Holidays are so much better with kids.

Nick and Amera said...

Hey! No worries, I knew you read my blog and have for a long time and yep, you have even made a few comments here and there! So of course, if your a reader Im happy to keep you on. Trust me, you are NOT one of those I 'wanted' to take off my list....and sadly there were just a few I wanted off so I took them off, but I purposely kept you on, so dont even worry! I need to start making comments on your blog! I promise do to it for you since your a avid reader of mine :) thanks for your support!I appreciate it so much!

{Jamey} said...

Oh fun! I'm jealous that you got to go to conference. That is something I have always wanted to do but we have never been able to get tickets!! How fun for you and what a great experience to add to your list of amazing things you've done this year :)

Rochelle said...

What a good idea to have Easter early, I should have done something like this! I still had a wonderful Easter despite missing my two boys!