It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Missing the Winter Wonderland....



Assuming I have any readers that are even checking this blog..... Hello! I really have not been able to think of anything to blog about.... These past couple weeks have really been quite uneventful, such is my life. Which is actually a good thing if you are me! :)

The BIG negative thing that has happened is that my beloved UTES lost to BYU this year in the Holy War 26-23.. It was so close and it was a great game. But, we still lost. *sigh* I have been really getting into football more so than the past years. I really see how it is so enjoyable to sit with Tyson ALL DAY on a Saturday and watch football. It is really fun for me, but it comes with a price.... EMOTIONS!! I can't watch a game without picking a team I want to win when its neither of my teams playing (UTES & 49ERS) So, I pick a team based on who is favored to win, then I pick the opposite team to win because I love underdog stories. :) When they lose, I truly feel a little sad, but when its one of my teams that lose, I am considerably upset. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to the football season ending...

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and also were able to go see Penn & Teller live, courtesy of a late Birthday present from our friends, Christina and Micheal. It was fun, it was a magic/comedy show. It was a fun date night for Tyson and I.

It's getting cold here in the desert, I know none of you UTAHNS will sympathize with me because its snowing there. But, today it is 40 degrees!!! THAT is cold for Las Vegas. Ashtyn and I walk Kai to the bus stop every morning and walk to pick him up as well, and I must say, WE REALLY NEED WINTER COATS!! I think I need to get them from Utah because they have more of a selection. None of us have decent, warm winter coats and my main concern is for the kids. I can do without. So, if any of you see any great deals out there in the Winter Wonderland, let me know:)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

2 comments:

Molly and Jason said...

It's been a while since I've read. I love all your posts. And I an TOTALLY sympathize with the cold weather here. I'm already freezing- I don't know how we're going to do it in Utah! I've lived here too long! Hope all is well- The ward Christmas dinner is Friday if you want to come with us.

{Jamey} said...

Ya 40' sounds nice! It was 1' (yes that's one degree) this morning when I took Mason to school! Way too cold for me!! The kids have been wearing their snow clothes all day to school just so they can go out during the day!

Penn and Teller that sounds fun! I'm really trying to talk Zane into a winter trip to Las Vegas and St. Geezy! Much warmer there and so many fun things to do!