It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Monday, July 13, 2009

A very dedicated grandmother.......



MY grandma is amazing. She is so dedicated to visiting my mother's grave more than once a week and watering the pot of flowers she puts on her headstone and she talks to her. It is the sweetest thing. I watched her with her gallons of water and her Japanese accent, talking to my mother as if she was standing right there.

She has had the hardest life, it really puts things into perspective. Every time I think I am having it rough, I think of her and try to "Buck Up"

She was sold as a farmhand by her own father when she was very young. Years later, my grandpa met her (during the war) and took her under his wing and married her and brought her back to America where she could have a chance at a good life. She is eternally grateful for this, he passed away a couple years ago and is buried by my mom. It was so great for me to visit my mom, it's been 8 years since I have been home (Washington) I will never let time lapse for that long again....ever.




1 comment:

Ginger said...

I'm sorry about your mom! :( What a nice grandmother you have.