Today, Elliott and Sebastian moved away. They were originally going to leave in three weeks, but the family decided not to delay and took the kids to their new home in Minnesota with their Aunt and Uncle and 4 cousins. The decision was so last-minute, that when they told me last night, I got VERY emotional and had to go home and take a minute to myself.
I cried really, really hard because I have become so very close to those boys and I have cared for them in the hardest trial in their little lives. I decided to stop thinking selfishly and get it together for the boys' sake. Their Aunt, who I have gotten to know over the past week, is a very good mother and her husband is wonderful as well. The boys will flourish there, I just know they will and I am extremely happy for them that they have such a bright future ahead of them in such a loving home.
I prayed very hard for the boys to feel comforted and for me to know what to do and say to them and how to handle the delicate situation. God answered my prayers and I know in my heart that this experience was a huge blessing for everyone involved. I was able to give service to that family, and the same time, they gave me a huge service by adding so much MORE love to my home by just being who they are. I feel at peace with the way things are going and I feel extremely grateful to have known them and to have made lifelong friends with their family, although the even that took place was tragic, the result was filled with love and new relationships. I will never forget this experience and will carry those boys in my heart. What a way to end the year, with an experience filled with my word of the year, LOVE.
3 comments:
Thanks for posting this, I am happy to read that you are at peace beginning this new year! You are the best!
I'm so glad to know they will be in a happy home. This made me tear up!!!! I'm so glad you were there to offer service for the boys. Sounds like great experiences came out of a heartbreaking tragedy.
So happy to hear they will have lots of family around and that you are at peace.
Post a Comment