
I am a firm believer that from tragic events, profound blessings can follow, if we have faith.
It is no secret that I've been struggling lately. With all that has happened in the past few months, I have felt out-of-sorts and stressed out. I have started this new job and I know it is right for me, but the feelings of complete confusion and feeling overwhelmed are just part of the process. Today, I completely messed up on my first day of working. To make matters worse, Tyson and I have had our little struggles too. We, sometimes, grow a little distant. I know is normal, However, I miss him terribly when this happens.
Today was a difficult day for many reasons. I was emotional and I was thinking about how I haven't attended the temple recently and I need to regularly if I want to set the example to get Tyson on board to someday be sealed to me and the kids in the temple. I shared my concerns with a dear friend, Kirsty. She is a wonderful friend of mine, a timeless friend that I cherish. I left her house feeling better that I had opened my heart to her. I went home and a few hours later, I was in tears. I called Kirsty and her husband answered and immediately I felt a prompting to ask him for a blessing. He is a sweetheart and told me to come right over (it was 9:30 PM!)
I went over, Kirsty, Ryan and I chatted about what I needed in a blessing. Ryan gave me one of the sweetest, most memorable blessings, and I really needed it. I hope they both know how much I needed that and am beyond thankful for them in my life. With faith and perseverence, things are going to be BETTER than okay for me and my family. I TRULY LOVE THE GOSPEL.
1 comment:
See, faith is the perfect word for this year. Trials bite - but at least you know where to go when they come -the temple - a priesthood holder for a blessing. You're a wise woman my friend.
Post a Comment