It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kai's Dream Job


Kai just graduated from FIRST GRADE!!! It makes me feel old. Not too old, of course, I am only 27 years young. I reflect back on THIS and I am totally amazed at how fast time flies by. I was told not to blink because soon Kai would be graduating from high school! I decided I want to staple my eyes open so that it doesn't happen. I just cannot believe my boy is getting so big. Just before school ended, Kai's class published a book about their dream jobs. His was so clever, I took pictures of his entry to show you all so you could read his cute dream job...



Kai is a wonderful kid. I remember back when his dad and I divorced and I moves to St George with Tyson in the midst of our custody battle and Kai went from seeing me every day to only being with me 9 days a month. I had to make a decision back then that was the hardest thing for me. I decided that marrying Tyson and moving to St George (because he worked in Las Vegas, living in Salt Lake wasn't feasable) would be the best decision I could make for our family in the long run. Kai struggled so much with that decision I made and it killed me to be away from him. Tyson worked overtime every week to make the extra money we needed to pay our lawyer to get Kai. I know I made the right decision, but it was so hard then and Kai really had a hard time with it. He was only 18 months old and he was utterly confused and had no idea what was going on. He acted out a lot and we were worried about him.

Since then, Kai has adjusted and turned into this sensitive, loving, witty, and beautiful boy. His dad and I get along great, Tyson is the main father in his life and is amazing at it. You would never be able to tell by the way they are with each other, that Tyson is Kai's step-dad. Tyson always introduces Kai as his son. They are very close and he also has a good relationship with his dad and sees him every month. As custody goes, Kai will be with his dad the majority of the summer and we will miss him desperately. Since last summer was the first summer Kai was gone, it was so hard. Ashtyn misses him so much and doesn't really understand the whole situation. This summer, we will be babysitting my nephew for days at a time, so that will ease Ashtyn's lonliness. Maddox is 6 years old and we haven't been able to spend a lot of time with him, he was here the past 4 days and they had a blast together.




Since I am all weepy and emotional now from thinking about how proud I am of both of my kids and how much I will miss Kai, I am signing off for now. I hope you enjoyed Kai's dream job as much as I did! What a cute kid he is!
XoXo

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Awe I'm sorry. Good luck with it all. He is a good kid because he has you and Tyson and you are great people.

Unknown said...

Looks like Kai and I have something in common:) You should have him watch "I Shouldn't Be Alive" as long as you don't think it's too scary. What a cute kid