I will write some about my temple experience on a later post. I will say that I had many people there supporting me and joining me in my experience and for that I am so grateful. One of my loving family members who were there was my dear uncle Craig. Craig and I have become close this past year. He always has such fatherly, loving, advice and is so sweet and soft-spoken. He is an amazing man and would give the shirt off his back for anyone. Him and I shared a special experience in the temple Friday night. Craig was in a horrific motorcycle accident Monday night/Tuesday morning and has been fighting for his life. Here is an update...
"Craig was on his motorcycle going through a green light when a police officer turned left in front of him.
Craig is suffering from numerous injuries and is in "extremely critical condition". The force of the accident ripped a hole in the main artery of his heart and caused an open brake to his pelvice. The brake split him open on the inside and caused major internal damage to the organs and internal bleeding.
Upon arriving at the hospital they let the family know that he was bleeding out and a heart repair was essential for survival but was extremely dangerous. He came out of surgery early this morning and things were still touch and go but we were hopeful. Family left for a short while only to be called back this evening.
Due to extremely low blood pressure and poor oxygen levels they have been unable to give him much relief for his pain without causing more concern for his heart. I'm told the amount of pain he is in is, "Extreme and unable to be controlled." As of a few hours ago he was intibated to help with his breathing.
Meanwhile he is still bleeding internally from the laid open pelvis. His abdomen continues to swell and he is now running a fever. Complications had made it to risky to operate or explore the damage to his organs and stop the internal bleeding but at this point they have no choice but to go forward with surgery. Currently Craig's kidney's are shutting down. The doctors seem to really emphasize the dire nature and the possible out come. This makes it hard to hold on to hope.
It's 9:38pm, my phone is ringing, it's has not stopped all day as the family is constantly updated.............It's the first sign of good news Craig vitals are stable for the first time since the accident. I am screaming with joy! We will remain optimistic and prayerful. We believe in the power of faith and that the Lord answers prayers. I fly out in the morning to be with my family. I am incredibly grateful this is being made possible. Thank you to all of you who are helping. We are grateful for your prayers and loving encouragement please keep them coming."
I was able to spend 6 hours at Craigs bedside today and the first thing he said to me was, "Hi Kylie, how are you?" I was astounded. That alone tells you the kind of man my Uncle Craig is. He needs prayers, desperately.
4 comments:
Kylie - I am sorry to hear that news. My uncles are all wonderful men too and I can't imagine them being in an accident of this kind. God Bless.
I my gosh I'm so sorry. Keep us updated. I will pray for him.
Kylie, I am so sorry! That is just awful! I will pray for him and his family during this time. I don't want to take your time away from family, but if I could get an address to drop your scripture case off, that would be awesome. I can just leave it on a doorstep or something. I love you, and congrats again on the temple.
My heart goes out to you all. My prayers are with Craig and his fragile recovery. He's lucky to have you there and I"m sure he knows how much you love and admire him.
Post a Comment