It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cousin-in-law




This week was a BLAST!! And all because The Mister has a cousin, Mario, who lives in Phoenix with his wife, Cory, and their 3 kids. Romeo, Bradley and Christian are their kids and The Mister and I took a road trip down to AZ 4 years ago! Cory and I are very close and we talk almost every day, so 4 years is WAY TOO LONG to go without seeing your very favorite cousin.....in-law. We just lovingly call each other, "cousins" since we are so close and it's easier than having to explain it all. Anyway, it was a spontaneous decision for her and she had a few days off of work, so she loaded up Bradley and Christian and on Wednesday and drove out here to Sin City. She and I have SO much fun together! I just love her. The second she got here, she made us the most delicious Mexican meal ever!! Did I mention she is a fabulous cook? The kids ate pizza (Kai is at his dad's so they missed him, but Ashtyn was super happy to have her cousins here)

After dinner, the kids played together and we snacked on Cory's delicious spicy pretzels (Grandpa Curtis called them spicy pickles, so cute) and we just hung out. It was getting late and we both decided to put on Tyson's LVMPD t-shirts and be his little cheerleaders for no reason whatsoever. Here are some pics from the first night..


Thursday, we took the kiddos to the pool in the morning for a few hours then headed back to the house and hung out for a while. Cory is always talking about a place called Yogurtland and she is always telling me that I MUST go there and try it out. So.....we found one in Vegas and we took the kids. It was delicious beyond words! We also took the kids on a little tour of where Cory lived in her high school days in downtown Las Vegas. When we got back to the house, I wanted her to try my Yaki-soba, which are Japanese noodles and I add bacon, onions, and cabbage to in a frying pan. Needless to say, she loved it!


Since Cory had to leave on Friday, I wanted her time here to be memorable and I wanted to do something that I have ALWAYS wanted to do here in Vegas. Nobody would ever volounteer to go with me up until now. So, Tyson watched the kids for us and we headed towards the Stratosphere. Oh yeah, you guessed it, The thrill rides on the stratosphere. Over 900 feet tall and the rides are at the TOP!! Cory was nervous, but what a champ! The ride was terrifying. We went on the X-scream which is a giant teeter-totter that hangs over the edge of the Stratosphere and the Big Shot that you sit in these chairs that shoot you straight up in the air.




What a fun and memorable night!! Friday morning we all got up and took the kids to an early matinee to see "Toy Story 3" it was such a cute and fun movie, even made me a bit teary-eyed at the end.

It was so nice spending time with my lovely cousin, Cory and her boys. They are such good and well-behaved, cute kids. I LOVE AND MISS YOU CORY aka GB!! XoXo

2 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

Oh my goodness - Jed and I went on those rides two years ago for our anniversary... so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so scary! He loved it - and I could have peed.

Amber said...

Those rides? Nuts. You are braver than me. Or stupider. ;)