It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!


Margaret Rose Best is my mother. I say "is" as present tense because although she is gone, she is still my mother. It's amazing to me that even now, I still learn things from her. She inspires me still with her beautiful words that she wrote before she passed in the most spiritual time of her life, the end of her mortal life. I will be going to the temple soon and I am understanding my mothers words on a totally different level. I love it. So, Happy Mother's Day mom, I know you are here with me and I can feel your love and your spirit often.

Today I reflected on motherhood along with this holiday when mothers are honored, I feel that we think about how blessed we are, I did today, and I am abundantly blessed. I am blessed with a mother-in-law who I am very close with and love unconditionally. She is a very fun person and I can call her with any kind of news and she shares my joys, my sorrows and my feelings that go along with everyday life. Happy Mother's Day Valerie.

I reflected on family and friends who are mothers that play a big role in my life. What amazing examples I have all around me of wonderful mothers and soon-to-be mothers, like my sister-in-law, Bethany, who is expecting in November. It's amazing to see her maternal instincts come about and I am just so happy for her. Happy Mother's Day to all of you lovely women who really make this world a better place and raise your children to be amazing.

I also reflected on my children and how blessed I am as a wife and a mother of these amazing human beings. One of the things I love about my kids, is that they are very strong-willed. I love how their personalities shine and how they will never back down to pressure or anything they do not believe in, that I am sure of. I love my children with a intensity that I never knew before having them, which I know all of you mothers know well and I think of my own mother who lost her battle with Cancer and how sad she was not being able to see us marry and have children. The one thing that comforts me completely is knowing that she DID see me marry and she WAS there when I had my children.

So, I hope all of you had an amazing Mother's Day and that you can reflect on your blessings and enjoy the love that comes along with motherhood. Love you all.
XoXo, K.

(I got my TASER!! :) hehe

7 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

... and your mom will be with you in the temple too. I bet she is so proud of you. Happy Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

So beautifully said. Thank you for sharing that with us. Your blog is so good because it is so meaningful! Happy Mother's Day. :) -Amber

Amber said...

That was beautiful! I'm feeling guilty now for not writing my own mother's day blog. Thanks... ;P

Amber said...

Ok... comment leaving- take two- I had just said (for some reason didn't work the first time) that I thought that this was beautiful and that you make me feel bad for not having done my own post for mother's day.

Amber said...

AAAhhhaaaa!!! Blog approval eh? Word verification AND blog approval? Are you worried we will say inappropriate things???!!! hahahahaha!! Me so stupid!

Rochelle said...

I love that you are able to read your mothers thoughts as she journeyed through this world.

Corrina Terry said...

You look like your mom!!! She would be so proud of who you are and all you have overcome. :o)