
I have 4 sisters. Kim and Kelly both live in Denver, Mishae is in Idaho, and Mara is in Utah. I do not get to see any of them very often and I really wish it was different, but times are tough right now for everyone and I do not have the luxury of hopping on a plane out to Denver or Idaho anytime I would like.
Kim has a daughter, Lauren, who is 2 1/2 years old. I am sad to admit, I have never met her. Kim is 6 months pregnant with her 2nd child, a boy, and she recently was admitted to the hospital because her amniotic sac broke and she was starting labor. She has been in there for 5 days and will need to be there until she has the baby.
Needless to say, I am worried and I told Kim that I wish I could be there with her during this time. Kim called me later and told me she had booked me a flight out to Denver to see her and finally meet my lovely niece. My heart was grateful. I am so excited that I get to help watch Lauren and hang out with my sister and keep her company while she sits in the hospital. Kim is a busy-body and likes to always have something to do, I am sure it is not fun for her to sit there, but she is more than happy to do it for the healthy arrival of Baby Boy Byers.
This will be such a great opportunity to bond with both of my older sisters and spend quality time with my niece.
I'm also so grateful to Tyson, who was happy to take Wednesday off work (he is off the rest of the week) so I could fly to Denver next Tuesday night through Saturday. What an amazing husband I have. He is so supportive and wonderful. I hope he survives 4 days in my shoes with the kiddos:)
3 comments:
My oldest sister's body did the same thing. She was in the hospital for about 1 1/2 months. Luckily we were in the same state so I was able to be there with her. How wonderful that you could go and help your sister and her family. By the way, my sister's son is now six and he is as healthy as ever. We call him Miracle Max.
Hi Kylie! That's neat that you get to go spend some time with her and her family! You are such a good sister. Hope all is going well for you guys!
You and your sisters are gorgeous! I hope your new baby nephew is doing well. He's in our prayers.
Post a Comment