It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Book of Mormon stories that my teacher taught to me....

Are about the Lamanites in ancient history. Long ago their fathers came from far across the sea. Given this land, if they live, RIGHTEOUSLY!!!

I cannot get the song out of my head lately. My cousin, Rochelle, whom lives in Oregon, and I, have been reading the scriptures together for the past 2 months. We will call each other late at night when all the kids are in bed and we will take turns reading aloud to each other. Some nights when we can't be on the phone while readin (hubby sleeping) then we will set a goal for the night and we call each other the next day with our goal set and talk about what we read. This has seriously been the most fun thing to do, and it has brought my cousin and I, who are already the best of friends, even closer.
I was worried that my desire would fizzle out and I would have a really hard time keeping up with my goal, but my cousin is there when I feel blah and I am there when she feels blah. It works out wonderfully. I have fallen in love with this sacred book and I swear I eat of every story and I get SO into it. One night while I was reading out loud to Rochelle, I heard her husband say, "Hello Kylie" and I said hello, but then I was right back into reading Rochelle the book. I was so intensly into the story that after 1 hour of me reading to her, when we were finished, Jeremy told Rochelle that I was hard to break. Apparently the whole time I was reading, he was trying to mess me up by saying funny words into the phone and making annoying noises. I remember hearing something, but I ignored it and really got so much out of that night, we read 15 chapters and talked about it.
I guess my point is that I have prayed every night that I could keep the desire in my heart to read, and I have so far. I have looked forward to reading. I know that Rochelle and I will make our new goal set for March 13th. That date is very special to both of us because I am getting my Patriarchal blessing that day, and she is being sealed to her husband and 4 children the very same day. I think it is perfect timing.
This Sunday I am also going to talk to my bishop about going to the temple. I have faith that I will make it there sometime this year.
Another awesome blessing came. Rochelle was able to get 2 tickets to General Conference in Utah and asked me to meet her there and that we could stay at my Aunties house together and spend time with each other since we only get to do that once a year. I was positive I could not go, but the dates were exactly the dates that Kai was suppose to fly out to see his dad.
My ex mother-in-law booked my ticket along with Kais ticket to Utah on March 31st and home on April 4th. She understood how much it meant to me and she said it wasnt a big deal to do this. I know that I need to go to General Conference, I have never been before and I am so blessed to be able to go and I am noticing many small but very important blessings coming to me since I have changed my life around. My ex mom-in-law is also having Rochelle and I to her ranch in dueshesne to go horseback riding with her and to spend the day at teh ranch with Kai as well. It should be a great weekend.

2 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

I love that you'll be able to attend General Conference. The tender mercies we receive from the Lord, right? How wonderful that you've set a goal to go to the temple. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing that "I've done it." "I can go to the temple!" You can do it. You're amazing.

valpal said...

I am so excited for you and Rochelle to be able to do this. I am so happy for you Kylie. I am also looking forward to next weekend. We are going to have a grand time. Love ya.