
I started reading "The Work and the Glory" a week ago and I CANNOT put these books down!! I am on volume 3 and I love these books so much. I am also reading the Doctrine and Covenants and I find it is a little more difficult to read than the Book of Mormon was. BUT.... now that I am reading The Work and the Glory, a lot of the events coincide with the scriptures and it makes it that much more interesting. I know some of the events and characters are fictional, I love the books.
Reading these books along with D&C has strengthened my testimony of Joseph Smith so much. It hurts my heart to read all of the horrible things Joseph and Emma had to endure and all of their followers. What a good man Joseph was. I am so eternally grateful to him for the Restoration of the church, he went through so much heartache and so much pain. He is still mocked to this day and it is so sad. People can be so ignorant. Anyway, I have plenty more reading to do and I cannot wait to read all of them, but I think when I am finished I will be a little bit sad only because I love these books so much. Then, of course I have the movies afterwards! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment