
Today while I was sitting in church and listening to talks given about Mother's, I started thinking about my mom and how different my life would be with her here. I thought about what a wonderful grandma she would be and how comforting it would be to be able to call her and talk about everything and know that she is there for me and has unconditional love. I do not feel sorry for myself when I think of her, I mostly think about what a wonderful example she set for me and my sisters. My mother was very spiritual and she was a very faithful member of the LDS church. She left behind her journals and I am so grateful because it has been such a blessing to have these and get to know her through her words, she was an amazing writer.
The journal in particular that is the most powerful thing I have ever read, is the one written the year she passed away. Even towards the end my mother was humble, hopeful, and accepting of what she was going through. Here is part of an entry she wrote in her journal that shows the kind of person that she was;
"As I have so many other times in my life and now as I face my greatest trial, I will surely "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, lean not unto thine own understanding, in all ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths for good."
Thank you dear Heavenly Father for everything. I can never truly express it fully, but I will do my very best in the time that is mine."
I do not know if I could be as humble as my mother was. I hope that I demonstrate some of the qualities she had, and that is my goal, to be like her.
I am proud to be the daughter of such a strong and courageous woman. So, on this Mother's Day, I wanted to say how thankful I am for my mother's example and for my beautiful sisters that are also examples to me everyday.
4 comments:
I miss Auntie Mara, I always knew she loved me, I felt it. Shortly before she passed on we went to see Saturdays Warriors , I cried the entire time, knowing I was going to miss her and her love for me.
She was a beautiful Auntie and an amazing mom. I wanted to grow up to be the mom she always was to her girls.
She was gone to soon but left so much spiritualy, and strngth for the journals she shares! I'm glad you have them and can cherish her there.
You are a great mother and I am so glad that you have your mom's journals to read from. Hopefully they can inspire you to believe in yourself because you are an amazing person and I am grateful to have you in my life.
Kylie, this made me cry! I just wanted you to know that I see some of your mother's qualities in you just by what I have heard about your mother. I am truly happy for you that you can feel close to her through her journals, I know that you have been treated horribly lately by a mother-figure and I am so sorry. Just try to forgive her (even if she is not sorry)and rise above it. You are one of the most strong, resilient, and loving person I know and I am here for you whenever you need. Love you!!
Love,
S.B.
I am so glad I decided to read your blog after months of neglect! I think last time I checked it was private. I loved this post, what a great way to get to know your mother, the 2nd best! I am sorry to hear that you are being treated poorly, It's too bad. I remember talking to you about it a little bit a while back and you sounded great. I know you have been going to church lately and talking to the missionaries and I really think this is the Adversary working hard on you. It is really sad the form it is taking this time, but I know you can get through this. Do what is right, keep going to church and learning the gospel. You do not need the negativity in your life at all. I think you are doing a great job and it looks like you have a lot of support. Let your light shine Kylie, because you have a bright one!! Love ya!
Sara
Post a Comment