
This weekend, I was invited to a big Fiesta themed dinner with my good friends Molly and Jason. I LOVE Mexican food, so I was more than willing to go. When we arrived everything was decorated so great and the food smelled sooo delicious. Everyone sat at a table and after we all ate fajitas, there were a few games to be played.
The first one was a pepper eating contest. I am really not a big fan of peppers, but the prize was an awesome golf package. I do not golf, but a friend of mine that was there does. So we decided that we'd both do the contest, that way he had a better chance of winning. I was the only woman that volunteered, there were 5 other men that were obviously golf fans.
They brought out this table with 5 different kinds of peppers and how many tickets they were worth. There was Jalepenos, yellow peppers, red peppers and these small ones called Habanero peppers. THOSE were worth 10 tickets while the rest were only worth 1, 2 or 3. Melissa, the host (Wonderful job Melissa BTW) said ladies first. So, I thought I would be super cool and go right for the Habanero. I chewed it up like a pro and swallowed it. Now, the rule is, if you drink the milk, you can't compete anymore. So, I guess the men felt like they had to eat one too since the girl ate one.
At this point, tears are streaming down my face, my mouth feels like it is swollen. The only thing I could think of was to start eating the yellow peppers just to have something take the heat away. I ate 6 yellow peppers and I could NOT take it anymore. I begged for the milk. I thought whomever ended up with the most tickets would win. I was wrong. The tickets went into a bowl and Melissa drew a ticket, whoever had the matching number won. I did not win, but I did not care because I was in sooo much pain. My stomach was burning I had drank almost a gallon of milk by now and somebody offered me their half eaten ice cream, which I couldn't have cared less that it was eaten from, I grabbed it and started easting it like crazy. It was so funny and I know they took pictures. I haven't gotten the pics yet, but I will post them once I do. I just had to share this story, it was a good lesson for me. :)
5 comments:
LOL, I’m crying…good story!
Ouch! You are a brave woman.
What question are you still waiting for an answer for?
Oh yeah! Sorry! I take classes at Gold's Gym. I like going to classes a lot better than doing a DVD...I tend to be more motivated and push myself harder. But I still like to do my yoga dvd's at home. I don't have any pilates dvds, though.
I'm still laughing about this!
Post a Comment