It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The not so Itsy-bitsy spider......


Today something happened to my baby girl that I have always dreaded, well at least since watching Arachniphobia years ago. I was in a hurry to get Kai to the school bus on time and was looking for Ashtyn's shoes. We couldn't find the matching shoe to her sandal so, Kai grabbed her pair of high-top sneakers to quickly put on her. She wasn't wearing socks but, since were were in such a rush, I put them on her feet and laced them up. As we were starting to walk out the door, she was saying, "Mommy, hurt, hurt." So I took her shoe off as fast as I could and this GIANT wolf spider came crawling out of her shoe! Kai and I started screaming because we hate spiders and it was so gross. I could not believe this huge thing had gone unnoticed and that we actually laced it up without knowing it was in there. Ashtyn was cool as a cucumber and I smashed that ugly thing about 10 times. All she did was hurry and put socks on and she was fine, I, on the other hand, was still shaken as we rushed to the bus stop. I have the bravest little girl on the planet. We did make the bus on time.:)

3 comments:

The Browers said...

Eww that is so gross! I would have freaked out as well.

My email address is
tanessaw@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

ryvpearlie@msn.com

{Jamey} said...

Ahhhhhhhh!!!! I HATE SPIDERS!!!! That gives me the hibie gibies just thinking about it! That sucks about the whole Big Love thing, and to be honest I was curious as to what they were going to show too. I probably would have watched it too if I had HBO not because I support it, but because I want to know how hollywood is portraying the mormon religion. I don't think you did anything wrong, and I wouldn't worry about it if I were you :)