It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My two women....

It all began with a friend request...... This woman named Theresa, requested to be my friend on Facebook, I saw that we had no friends in common and since she had a profile picture of herself as a baby, I grew suspicious (of what, I do not know?) and I denied her request, just like that. I had forgotten all about it until a few days later, when I saw I had another request, from the same woman. I saw this time that she was also friends with my uncle, thinking it was another one of his new girlfriends, I denied it again. Little by little, she was becoming friends with my sister, my aunt, my cousin. I decided I would finally try to figure out who she is, so I asked my sister. My sisters' reply was, "She was a friend of mom." That is all it took. I requested her friendship immediately after that and I felt bad that I had denied her a few times, but I also felt thankful for her persistence.

Theresa and I started chatting via Facebook and "liking" each others posts. I was introduced to her daughter, Leilani, that is only a few months younger than I am and I instantly liked her as well. We quickly discovered one-another's love for books and started reading the same books together.


My mother as a bridesmais at Theresa's wedding, July 1974

These two lovely people are meant to be in my life. I can feel my mother pulling us closer to each other as we get to know each other. They send me cute, homemade things with sweet notes attached. I just cannot say how thankful I am that we have found each other and are able to have a really great friendship. I enjoy hearing stories about my mother and although we live 2,000 miles away from each other, we have a special bond and commonality, my mom.

So, thank you, mom, for bringing us together. Thank you for being a great mother from where you sit now. I hope I am making you happy with the choices I make and how I raise your grandchildren. I believe I am. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always cherished the friendship I had with your mom. Yes, she is still taking care of us.