It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Friday, December 17, 2010

FIRE!!





This morning we were woken up by Tyson's phone ringing at 4 AM. It was his dad telling him that Tyson's sister, Brittany's home was in flames and completely burned. The top floor collapsed into the basement, they lost everything.

Thankfully, the whole family was on a mini-vacation and were not home, so nobody was hurt. I am so grateful they are all okay, but my heart is aching for their loss. They are a family of 5, their kids are ages 12, 15 and 8 and it is horribly sad.

If anyone is interested in donating anything to the family, email me at mizkylie@gmail.com. They especially need your prayers. Prayers of gratitude that this family is still alive and well, and prayers for their comfort and to help them to get back on their feet.

Here is the link to the news story about their home.

Everyone hug your loved ones and be grateful this Christmas.

3 comments:

Corrina Terry said...

Oh man! That's awful! They're in my prayers. Glad they weren't there/hurt.

Lindsey said...

You don't know me, but I am a friend of Brittany Garner. I actually know Logan and Hunter from the elementary school. I am so sorry! Those boys don't deserve this! Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help!
Lindsey

mizkylie said...

Lindsey, it is such a small world!! Brittany's aunt and my dad use to be married. A few people have asked how they can help, I will post the donation information on my blog right away. Thanks for being concerned, what a sweetheart!! :) Merry Christmas!!