It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Meet.... "Torry"




I MUST write about our new addition to the Schrader household. "Torry" joined our family on November 6, 2010. Our beloved F150 had over 120,000 miles on him and was such a gas hog. We LOVED him, but, it was the more sensible thing to do, to have him traded in. We are a one-car family, so our car needs to be VERY reliable and we can't be worried about break-downs and all of that nonsense that comes along with owning and older vehicle. We took our truck into CarMax, hoping we could get a crossover SUV for our family.

Then, we met Torry. A 2006 Pontiac Torrent with only 37,000 miles!! We test drove it and it drives SO smooth and has leather interior and a GPS navigation/DVD player/new stereo system/sunroof.... the works. We fell in love. Ashtyn? Well, lets just say it took her a while to warm up to Torry.

When we were doing th paperwork to trade in our truck and drive Torry home, Ashtyn was literally HUGGING the truck goodbye. She would pout and say, "I'm going to miss Beast." Her sadness did not last long because she LOVES Torry. It's a nice addition, we've always wanted a smaller SUV and needed one. We got a sweet deal on it and can't wait to take it to Utah for our Thanksgiving trip!:)



3 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

Congratulations on Torry! It's funny how cars become part of our family. My oldest cried when we sold Jed's car a few years back... his name was Woody. And had a Woody bobble head on the front...
:(
Torry is beautiful! I hope you love her. Congrats again.

Unknown said...

Sweet ride!!! If you want to trade that in for my sweet 2002 honda civic than we will do it, straight-across, no questions asked. It's more of a glorified go-cart. Just let me know:)

Kami Satterlee said...

ahhh nothings better than a new car! Congrats how exciting. I bet you just crank your music and drive for days;)