It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mile High Music Festival






If you did not know already, I am in love with Jack Johnson!! I joke around that he is my future ex-husband! :) Anyway, I bought tickets to see him last summer, but we couldn't make it and had to give away our tickets:( I looked for tickets to see him this tour and saw he was not coming to Vegas!! I was so bummed. MY sister then informed me that he was coming to Denver along with 29 other bands for a 2 day music festival!! I thought it would be so fun to go with my sister and see my new nephew as well (kill three birds with one stone:) So, I bought tickets.

Baby Gage (born 10 weeks early)

I just got home Monday from my trip out there and I must say, I HAD A BLAST!!!!!!! It was so much fun and the music was amazing and mellow. Here are the bands I got to see:

*Jack Johnson
*Dave Matthews Band
**Ozomatli
**Weezer
*ALO
One Eskimo
*Steve Miller Band
The Constellations
*The Samples
NAS & Damien Marley
Cypress Hill
Keane
Pheonix
My morning jacket
*Train
Joe Purdy

We couldn't see every band play because there were 5 huge stages and we couldn't get to them all in time, but we saw the ones I listed (the important ones) and they were ALL good!!

Sisters!!


Even boys take their shirts off for Jack Johnson!!


Loving Damien Marley


MILE HIGH!!!


Dancing to My Morning Jacket


Waiting for Dave Mathews to serenade me....


WEEZER!! (The most fun!!)


The Samples


Being Cheesy for the camera!

What a fun weekend. I hope Tyson will go with me next year! I missed him so much, my flight home arrived 20 minutes after Kai's, so, my whole family was there to pick me up at the airport and that was so sweet. I did, however, lose my phone at the Denver airport and am currently using Tysons to keep in touch with people.


Kai and Ashtyn were SO excited to reunite!!

I love how music can make you feel so happy, especially the music that was played at the festival. I had the best time ever.

P.S. All of the tunes on my page are from the festival:)

3 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

Oh you lucky lucky girl! I didn't even realize Weezer was still around. Ew wee ew I look just like buddy holly, oh oh and know mary tyler moore - that's one of their songs right? If not - Ha - such a joke. I got your letter. How glorious to receive one in the mail. You're the coolest. I am currently working on writing you back so you can feel the amazingness of receiving a letter from the post man. I don't want leave your blog page because I could listen to this music all day long. Love it!

{Jamey} said...

Oh I'm super jealous!!! What a fun concert! Reminds me of our old Warp Tour days, but maybe not quite as crazy! Glad you got to go and have a good time with your sisters too!

Ginger said...

I. Am. So jealous. That's all.