It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Patience...a virtue I have yet to posess


Now that things are going in the right direction in my life, I find that my patience is constantly being tested. I was never a patient person to begin with, but now that I am really trying to be patient, I find this task VERY difficult at times. Like, for instance, I am driving in the car and there is a young girl next to me TEXTING while driving and almost sideswiping me. THIS is a test of my patience. I want so badly to lift that dreadful middle finger that I have not used for so long. I want to use all the horrible words that I use to use to get my point across that this is NOT okay. But I don't and it is hard. Instead, I smile and hold up my phone and mouth to her to STOP TEXTING ON THE ROAD.

Another for instance is when my kids are fighting and I feel I have successfully stopped the fight, spoken to them in a even level tone of voice (which is unheard of for me:) I feel I have resolved the situation just to turn around and see them hitting each other as soon as I turned my back. GRRRRR!! My patience, out the window.

Okay, I realize these are tiny situations that I am using but they are just examples of when I try to practice this new patience thing. I think it is so good to recognize our shortcomings and always be striving to better ourselves in any way. (did you notice how I tooted my own horn there:) hehe. Patience, I need you, come stay a while. :)

3 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

Oh patience... my enemy. Let me know how you conquer that one :) But, I already think you're on the right track - just being aware is a window for change.

Anonymous said...

I am NOT a patient person at ALL. Sigh.. I get annoyed & bothered when I have to REPEAT myself to someone.. total impatience. Story of my life.

Molly and Jason said...

Good luck with that whole patience thing! I always thought I was pretty patient until I had kids. Now it's definitely tested daily. And let's just say I don't always pass with flying colors:)