This weekend was AMAZING!!! My in-laws drove into town Friday night from Salt Lake and were able to make it in time for me and Valerie to watch a movie and just enjoy each others company while everyone else was asleep. We love to just talk and laugh with each other. I am so grateful for our relationship as mother and daughter and also as friends. We stayed up so late and finally passed out around 2 AM.
Saturday, we all spent time with each other and then Val and I decided to leave the men with the kids and go to a movie, Remember Me with our beloved Robert Pattinson. Skip the movie, at least wait until DVD. :) While we were in the movie, our feet were sticking so badly to the floor, it was so gross. Tyson and I always go to that certain movie theater because it is so clean. Val and I were not going to let this go, so we pulled a manager aside after the movie and kindly told her that the floor was so sticky that our feet were literally stuck to the floor. We were just telling her so that they would know for the next showing, but, the woman was so sweet, she offered us free passes to come back and watch whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted! It was so great and so refreshing that she cared about our concern and she was so nice. So, we have a free movie for date night...whoo hoo!
Val and I drove home and on the way, decided to grab Ron a In n Out burger since he has never tried one. I guess in Utah, they only have 2 locations and the wait is hours long.
We came back home and were exhausted, so we just relaxed until it was time to go to dinner, then to my blessing. I got a babysitter and left to go to dinner at P.F. Changs, one of my favorite restaurants. The reality of everything really hit me on the way to dinner. I was sitting there in the backseat of the truck, feeling completely freaked out. I was so nervous.
We had a wonderful time at dinner, I just love my in-laws so very much. They are so loving and supportive and have always been there for me. It was so fun to spend time with them and have a fun night out with great food.
After dinner, I realized that I was about to get a personal blessing from my Heavenly Father and I really was freaking out. I think I felt a little unworthy of the blessing and I was scared.
We arrived to the Patriarchs home and it was such a peaceful home. As soon as we walked in, I asked to use the restroom, I mean, I was almost in full-on panic attack mode. I collected myself and joined the missionaries, my in-laws, and my handsome husband in their living room. The Patriarch spoke to us about Patriarchal blessings and he was so soft-spoken and humble, I just loved him right away.
The spirit in that room was so thick, it was almost tangible. I felt very sick though, before the blessing when he was talking to me and asking me questions. I was trying to hard to focus, but I was finding it hard to breathe and I was feeling dizzy and literally sick to my stomach. I had to stop him and excuse myself to the restroom again because I thought I would puke. I went into the bathroom and took deep breaths, I splashed water on my face and said a prayer, begging Heavenly Father to help me calm down. I prayed for peace and for the ability to get through my blessing and be able to be at ease and to retain the words which would be spoken to me. When I returned to the room, the Patriarch spoke to us about some more things pertaining to Patriarchal blessings and I appreciate everything he said. The fact that he took his time with me made me feel special even though I was begging him, in my mind, to stop talking and get on with the blessing. :)
Then, it was time. I sat down in the hot seat for my blessing. What followed was utterly beautiful. Words were spoken that absolutely blew me away and made me feel complete joy. My heart grew three sizes that night. It was specific and so incredible that words cannot describe and will never do it justice. I am so grateful for this experience. It will never be forgotten. It was much more than I had expected.
We left and we came home and Valerie and I shared some special things with each other. It was the perfect night and I cannot tell you what it did for my soul, my spirit, and my self worth. I love the gospel and all the blessings that come with it.
8 comments:
Your testimony is so pure and uplifting. Thank you for sharing!
I love that story :) You make me cry every time you share your testimony. I'm so happy for you and the peace you have found through your own personal growth in the gospel. Love you lots!!
You're amazing! Congrats on the blessing!
what an amazing day! It's cute how nervous you were. I can't wait until you have your blessing in your hands and you can read it and really focus on the blessing and gifts you were given.
Im so happy for you!
Yay! You finally got your blessing! It will continue to bless you for the rest of your life, I'm so happy for you :)
Yes! Awesome!!! You are doing the right things at the right time in your life.
Your blessing will be something that will help you for the rest of your life. Some things will POP out at you at certain times and other things will later. Our patriarchal blessings are so personal and remind us Heavenly Father knows us and loves us. Congratulations!!!!!
Kylie, what a beautiful story! I loved it, and I love how candid, honest, and full of life you are. You have a beautiful testimony. I got your message (we're just getting back into town this afternoon) and I'm so glad that it was such an amazing evening for you. I'm so happy for you and I just love ya!
-Amber
What can I say? You brought tears to my eyes.
Post a Comment