It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Beautiful gift, from a Beautiful friend.....

I love getting the mail. Even though mostly it is filled with bills, ugh, I still love getting it, I find it exciting to get the mail and Ashtyn shares this with me, she will come out with me in her mis-matched p.j.s or mis-matched clothes and mis-matched socks, she will run in her bare feet to go with me 20 feet to the mailbox.

Wednesday was a normal day for me, I went to get the mail with miss Ashtyn and to my surprise, there was a thick envelope addressed to me. It was from a dear, close friend of mine from Spanish Fork, the one and only, Amber Prior. I was so excited to open this up, it was like a kid opening their present for Christmas.

Inside this envelope was this cute handmade envelope that held 4 CD's Each one read, "Inspirational favorites for Kylie." All made specially for me from someone I have truly looked up to since high school. They are beautiful, inspirational songs that Amber said would bring a peace and good feeling throughout my home. I LOVE THIS GIFT.


She wrote me a beautiful letter that went with it that made me cry. So I wanted to write one quickly for her,

Amber,

Thank you so very much for thinking about me enough to take some time out of your busy day to do this sweet, and thoughtful thing for me. You and your family are inspirations of how I want mine to be. I love you so very much and have the utmost respect for you. I can't wait to see you and your family one day, maybe when you come visit Vegas next year, we could go to the temple together here. I also wanted to let you know that I will be getting my patriarchal blessing at the end of the month. I am unbelievably excited!!!!

Love , Kylie

That's right!!!! I said PATRIARCHAL BLESSING!!!!!!!! I am so excited and have come so far and worked so hard for this. My in-laws will be there, which means more to me than anything, I love all of my readers and in one way or another, you are helping me through this journey of life. :)

9 comments:

{Jamey} said...

I love Amber! She is such a sweet person and I look up to her as well. How nice of her to send you such a thoughtful gift.

I'm so excited for you to get your blessing! It is such an amazing experience! Good Luck!

valpal said...

Wow! What a great friend. I am toooo lazy to do thoughtful things like that and I so admire people that do. I can't wait for you to get your "letter for Heavenly Father" and can't wait to see everyone. Love ya.

Cammy Patton said...

Sorry some random person is commenting - but I had to check out your blog. I have seen you comment on my friend Kami Satterlees blog and also on my husbands friend Gumby's, or Eric, whatever you want to call him :) Anyway,so I read your blog today and had to comment because it was so touching. I know your blessing will be perfect. Good Luck!
Cammy Patton

Kami Satterlee said...

How sweet. I would love a friend like that! And way to be that friend in return. I'm so excited for you and your lil fam. Way to stick with the church thing, it's still such a struggle for me it's nice to see someone following thru:) I'm so glad you are getting your blessing, what an amazing experience way to go!

Tricia said...

Hey Kylie! I've loved reading your recent posts...sorry haven't commented in a while. I didn't remember how an infant can take up time ;). it's great that you have such an awesome friend. I think of things for friends, but never follow through. Congrats on your upcoming blessing. Mine still continues to give me counsel and inspiration.

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you!!!!! You are truly an inspiration to me. Please let me know how it goes - if it was what you expected, or not, ect.

Rochelle said...

Ya! Maybe you will get your blessing when tresa I here getting hers. ,what a neat friend.

Old Main Photography said...

Oh Kylie, sorry I'm such a lame blog reader- I should have checked sooner. If I had known what a sweet, thoughtful letter awaited me, I would have! You give me too much credit. Thank you. :)

I am so proud of you. You have many reasons to hold on to the past, and yet you move forward with faith. You're an example to me. I love ya, and can't wait for you to get your blessing!

Ginger said...

Awesome! I never get good mail. Patriartical blessings are supposed to be awesome as an adult. You will have to let me know how it goes (really) because I still need to get mine!