It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!


This New Years Eve was the same as it is every year for us, a night at home with the kids! It is just too dangerous to go out here in Vegas, everyone on the Metro police force has to work New Years Eve, it is Mandatory, but, Tyson works days, so he was able to be home with us that night.

Tyson and Ashtyn took a nap and Kai and I decided to go to The Dollar Tree and got some decorations and some fun stuff for a little family party we wanted to have, we were going to surprise Tyson and Ashtyn. Tyson had been grocery shopping earlier and picked up some hats, blowers and poppers for us, but he didn't know that Kai and I had went to get more decorations.

We decorated the whole family room with streamers, balloons, and we put the dinner table in the living room and set out a cute tablecloth and set up our gingerbread house that Great Grandma and Grandpa Curtis gave us to make for Christmas. When Tyson and Ashtyn woke up we yelled "Surprise" and they were so cute about it, especially Ashtyn. We then watched movies and made the Gingerbread house and had Sparkling Apple Cider in some cute champagne flutes. IT was a really fun night. Tyson and Ashtyn were getting tired again, so we pretended it was midnight at 10PM and Ash went to sleep. Kai and I made it until midnight and rang in the New Year by going outside and banging pots and pans and blowing our blowers. It was a really fun night and I love spending it at home with the kids. Happy 2010!

1 comment:

valpal said...

Leave it to Tyson to take a nap and still not make it untill the New Year. hehe. I remember growing up that we also banged pots and pans. What a fun memories that you are making for your children. I am glad that you had a great time.