It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I don't like to brag......

Well, you all know how I hate to brag, it's so dang tacky. ;) However, this is such a great accomplishment, I could not stop myself.

For the last month or so, Kai has been talking about winning this award where you get to eat lunch with none other than....... wait for it..... THE PRINCIPAL!!!
He said he was trying so hard to be extra good in class because that is how you win, you have to be very well behaved and do your schoolwork as best as you can. He said it would be a while before the winner would be "Pronounced".... Well, yesterday, while Kai was at school, the woman in the front office at Kai's school called me. I had an uneasy feeling because last time the school called during school hours, Kai wasn't feeling well and the poor kid was sick. I was pleasantly surprised because she called to tell me that Kai had won the award for his behavior and his schoolwork and she invited us to come to the school today and see him get his award and sit on stage with him while he ate with the principal.

I was so overjoyed for Kai, he had been talking about this for so long and had NO idea he won it. I could barely keep the surprise to myself. I think it is such a great lesson to him that if he works hard at something, he can attain it. We went to his school today and his face had a perma-grin plastered on it and he had his chest all puffed out from how proud he was of himself. I am proud of you too Kai, I love you, you are such an amazing kid!!!





3 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh that's awesome. What a good boy!

{Jamey} said...

How cute! That's funny he was so excited to eat with the pricipal! Good Job Kai!

Amber said...

Congratulations, Kai! That is so cool. Great lesson to learn!

Kylie, listen to yourself! Your heart is changing, and you are feeling the Spirit, my friend. It's like a warm blanket for your soul. You probably are already recording your experiences in your journal. (I guess that's what a blog is, huh.) :) I mean, really pour your personal feelings down on paper (or on screen) where you can look back and read your progress and feelings, especially when the way gets a little rocky and you need to "feel the fire" again. :) Now who's being cheesy! You're doing awesome. Love ya!
P.S. You don't have to post this comment :)