I got that feeling again. That really good feeling that devours my heart and soul. Cheesy, I know, but I have this happy feeling inside and I have a great desire to keep gaining a testimony and go to church and read the scriptures.
I think I know when this started. Christmas was so amazing this year and so spiritual, I couldn't get it out of my head and I couldn't stop thinking about how good it felt. I specifically remember looking around on Christmas Eve at my family and thinking, "Wow, this is truly the best Christmas I have ever experienced." I found myself getting choked up and my eyes brimming with tears at random. It was awesome.
I started reading the BOM about a week ago with my cousin who lives 1500 miles away. We were on the phone having one of our nightly chats, and she asked me to read her a chapter because she was busy and she had to read because it was her goal to read the whole thing on 90 days. She totally tricked me into it!! LOL, but I forgive her. Anyway, I decided I wanted to read as well and I am in Jacob now. I like reading them. I did not realize how interesting the stories are in them. I remember learning about some of the stories when I would go to church in my childhood, but I only remember them on that level. I can now read them and understand them on a higher level, and its great.
I pray a lot too. I use to think it was selfish to pray and ask for things all of the time, but I really cant do this without prayer, I just make sure to say how thankful I am for everything, and I specifically ask that I can keep this desire in my heart all of the time. I know it'll be difficult at time, but I really don't want to lose this feeling. I have had this before where I start going to church and then I lose the desire almost as fast as it came to me, but It feels a little different this time, and I am determined to keep it.
Kai turns 8 this September and I want him to get baptized, so that is another reason I am determined to faithfully attend church and live righteously.
Ok, I re read that post and let me tell you people, IT'S NOT EASY BEING CHEESY OKAY!! LOL, I will still always be my sarcastic and loud mouthed self though, just a better version.
2 comments:
There's nothing cheesy about gaining a testimony. It's an awesome thing and I totally know what you mean!
Way to go!!!! AND way to inspire me to take my BOM studies more seriously!
Post a Comment