Kai started his first day of 1st grade..... I basically cried all my tears last night, so this morning I was good.
Last Friday, we went to meet his new teacher and see his class. Mrs. Stenson is his teacher and she seems very good. His kindergarten teacher was lazy and did not care if the kids learned anything at all. I was NOT her biggest fan. I was worried that she did not prepare the kids for first grade like she should of, but I know if I work with him at home, then he will do great in first grade.
Anyway, Kai has to be at the bus stop by 8:34 A.M....a big change from the half day Kindergarten class that started at 12:50 PM. I walked him this morning and even though Kai rode the bus last year, he didn't ride it in the morning with all the older kids like he does this year, but my worries ceased when we saw Kai's friend/bodyguard, Trevell. He is the cutest kid, he has dark skin with red hair and freckles!! He watches out for Kai on the bus and is a very well-behaved kid. I met a bunch of the moms and they seemed very nice, so their kids must be too, right??
I can't wait to see how Kai's day went. Ashtyn was sad to see Kai go since she REALLY wanted to ride the bus as well. But, all was good when we got home, she is raiding Kai's room as we speak!
2 comments:
yay for 1st grade! And I love your family pics! they turned out so cute!
Kylie! I feel so bad that I didn't get to vote for your story! I've been so sick and in and out of the doctor's office and all other kinds of stuff. Lame excuses, I know, but it's the trust. So, I totally want to do something with you when you come out in October!!
Post a Comment