It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

MMA JUNKIE!!


The picture above is of my favorite fighter, Randy Couture.
I am sure I have posted something about my obsession with UFC fighting somewhere on this blog, if not, here it is.

I started watching UFC fighting a few years ago and quickly became addicted. I get so into the fights that I find myself yelling at my TV screen and getting upset when a fighter I like loses. I respect the training and talent that goes into this sport and I know there are many people who find this sport barbaric. The fighters know what they are getting themselves into when they sign up for this, but I do feel bad when someone gets totally beat up.

Anyway, we have ordered the fights here at our house for a long time, but $50 a month is a lot of money to spend on a 3 hour show! Then, an awesome guy from our ward, Lucas came up with an idea to get a group of people and rotate houses to watch the fight and everyone chip in $10. We each bring food and it saves us $40 a month!

Yesterday, the fights were on at noon and I felt sick, so Tyson took the kids and they had a blast while I sat at home pouting that I couldn't go:(
Anyway, I'll get over it:)

If anyone wants to come on board with us and join our "Fight Club" (lol) Just email me at mizkylie@gmail.com or leave a comment, we'd love for anyone who wants to join us, the more the merrier!:)

2 comments:

DaNae said...

Congrats on your new calling. That will be super fun. I hear you are looking for a house to rent...we are moving and are looking for renters. I am so sad that we are moving but what can you do! So if you're interested let me know!

DaNae said...

hey, I just saw your comment! We are moving super fast... we are leaving on Sat. When are you looking for a place?