It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cucumbers Anyone???



There is a woman that lives a few houses down from me. She is so sweet, she is an older woman that was diagnosed with Stage 4 Brain Cancer just a couple months ago. My mother passed on from the same thing and she did not find out until she was at a Stage 4 as well.

I know that is a powerful first paragraph, I just wanted to briefly explain the reason I feel so close to her. She recently shaved her head because she is losing her hair from the radiation treatment, she came outside one evening while Tyson and I were playing with the kids outside and said, "Look Tyson, we are twins!" She is so cute and funny.

Anyway, her family just recently took her on a cruise to Alaska and were able to reserve the theater in the ship to put on a special show for her, I just thought that was AWESOME!

I know now I am rambling. Let me get to the point. She called me a few days before she was leaving for her cruise and asked me if I could water her vegetable garden everyday while she is on vacation. I was happy to do it, at the same time, I could not help but wonder how she is growing a vegetable garden in the desert!???

I posted some pics above of her amazing garden, she has the ULTIMATE green thumb. She also asked me to pick cucumbers from her garden everyday so that new ones could grow in. They were soooo delicious and look a little different than average cucumbers. Anyway, I thought this was a cool garden and wanted to post this!

No comments: