
Anyone ever heard of Og Mandino?? He wrote 'The Greatest Salesman in the World' The book is an easy read and I think a MUST READ! It has some of the most insightful and self-healing words in it, and I am in awe of the book.
I've recently been reflecting on myself and the way I handle different relationships and, just everyday life. I've always respected and looked up to people who are very self-aware. I think it is so important in life to know your short-comings and your strengths and to always be trying to improve.
Dave Blanchard is the president of the Og Mandino corporation and he offers a training that helps you become a better, you. I went online and did the assessment and the whole time I was very skeptical. After I finished the online assessment, I made a phone appointment with Dave and we went over my results. I cried through most of the call. It was the most spot-on assessment of myself and I was shocked that he could know all of this by an online test. I was sold right then. Now, once a week for a full year, I am learning the tools that I need to overcome my own insecurities and to embrace and live up to my full potential. I am SO excited.
2012 will be a great year for me and my family. I can feel it and I look forward to the wonderful blessings and, believe-it-or-not, the trials that it will bring. Because, nothing humbles you more and brings you closer to God, than a hardship. :)
I'll keep all two of my readers posted throughout my experience.. :)
(Just in case you are interested in the training or just learning about Og Mandino, here is the link http://www.ogmandino.com/)
1 comment:
hmmm, i know im just starting out with this parenting thing, but i hear you. I bet they know why they celebrate Christmas, you just have to teach them again and again, because they are kids and they need repetition :)
I was thinking about some little activities you could do. My Mom did a 12 days of Christmas one year. Everyday we would open up a gift and it would have something little in there to represent a part of the Christmas story. Sometimes they were treats, like a candy cane(shepherds), or gold chocolate coins (for the wise men's gold) or hay to represent the stable. I still remember it and hope to do it when i have kids your age :)
Post a Comment