It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Laundry mishaps

Since the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, I am finally able to post this little story. Kai spent 8 weeks of the summer with his biological dad in Salt Lake. This happens every summer. We get a long alright.

This time, he sent Kai home with a backpack full of new school clothes. I was grateful that he did this, however, in the midst of all the motorcycle shirts and camo pants, I noticed a dark blue shirt with white writing. My heart skips a beat and to my utter HORROR, I see it is a BYU shirt!!!!!!

Jeremiah (the ex) has never, ever been a football fan or any kind of a sports fan. Tyson and I LOVE and are die-hard UTAH fans. He knows it. Out of the blue, he decides he is going to be a BYU fan and starts telling Kai to become one as well. This is BLASPHEMY.

I am NOT very happy about the shirt. Although I do have a great sense of humor, Jeremiah and I don't joke around with each other like that so I am not really use to him trying to be funny with me. I called him and he told me he was trying to be funny and to make SURE I send it back with Kai over his Labor day weekend visit. I made a mental note to make sure the shirt made it back to its rightful owner since it was the TOP PRIORITY on my list....

Fast forward to a week later. I am doing laundry and I spot the same BYU shirt. Only, this time it isn't that deep blue color anymore.... It's light pink!! I must've been clumsy with the bleach and accidentally bleached the poor shirt a totally different (and WAY more fitting) color. OOPS!!

I am still sending it back with Kai. I hope his dad has a sense of humor about it. After all, accidents do happen everyday. ;)

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

That is just too funny!