It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

NO SMOKING!!


I have struggled on and off with smoking. For about 7 years now I have really been up and down with it. I started back in 2001, and then quit because I became preggo with Kai. Then, I started again and I smoked A LOT after I had him. I also quit a few times in between now and then, when I was preggo with Ashtyn, I had a few month-long no smoking stints I went on, just to light up again soon thereafter.

The last few days, I have had a very bad sore throat, just on the left side. It was so bad this morning, I decided to go to the Urgent Care since it is a Saturday and also Labor Day weekend.

I was informed that I had an abscess on my left tonsil and had to get it drained and some serious antibiotics to hopefully get rid of it. The Doctor asked me if I smoke, I told her, Yes, on and off now for 7 years. She said she couldn't stress enough for me to quit, immediately. The abscess could turn into a malignant tumor if I kept sucking down the Cancer sticks.

So, I am DONE......D-O-N-E DONE!! I can't believe I did not quit sooner and that I am so stupid to let it come to this. I am so very grateful that it was just an abscess and not something more serious.

I am asking if anyone has any tips for me to keep me from smoking, I have heard of flavored toothpics, dumb-dumb suckers and all. AND I just got a RX for an anti-smoking drug called Chantix that I am going to try. So, here's to living a healthy life.....from now on!!!

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

Good, now you won't stink either.

thebales said...

That is great Kylie! And Scary!

Emily P. said...

Good luck quitting! Now you have a great reason to quit, and it's not too late! I wish you the best!

Ginger said...

Oh I hope you are doing better! How scary. Good luck quitting that will be hard. I'm trying to quit Diet Dr. Pepper and it's really hard. ;)

Ashleigh said...

Good Luck with that!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Careful with the chantix though, I have had a few clients get really suicidal while on it - they were boarderline suicidal anyway, but just FYI. Grapefruit juice when you get the urge!

Amber said...

My heart aches that you had such rotten news from the doctor! I'm sorry! As for quitting, Drew still loves sunflower seeds. That helped him a lot in the beginning. "Cold turkey" is best, from what I've heard. Way to go, though... I know that you can do it!!!

P.S. Your hair has gotten so long! It's gorgeous on you! And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog about my pics. I've loved getting into photography more. I just take about five hundred photos of each event... you're bound to get a few good ones that way! :)

crummymummy said...

Stick with it! Chew straws, eat grapes (frozen are good) and you will get there! Even take up knitting!