It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

The most meaningful gift....

This year for Christmas, I got a phone call from my sister Mara telling what our dad had done for us this year, she said it was, "The most amazing thing." I was so excited to find out what it was that I begged her to tell me. (and because I cannot wait that long to visit Provo and find out myself) She said my dad had gone to the house we use to live in YEARS ago, we moved into it shortly after my mom passed. About 1989, and he asked the new owners if he could go into their attic and see if there was still some old boxes he'd put up there. The woman was so sweet and let him come in her home and check her attic.....

~Here's a quick little background, After we'd moved out of that house 7 years later we looked everywhere for my mother's belongings. Certain things were very special to us and we never found them, we thought they'd been accidentally thrown out and gone forever....~

My dad checked all over the attic and finally in this small corner, there sat 3 boxes. He checked inside the boxes and THERE was my mother's things. For 18 years it sat up there collecting dust, and my dad decided he'd go check and I am so glad he did. He divided the things up to which ones would mean the most to each of us and that was our gift from him, the greatest gift.
I haven't yet seen what it is that I got, but I don't care what it is, its something that was my mom's.
I am so thankful that my dad has done this for me and my sisters it meant so much to all of us. I was blown away that all of the things were still there.
This is one of those things that we realize its not the amount of money we spend on a gift, it isn't where we buy the gifts, it truly is the thought that counts because this is the most heartwarming and amazing thing I've ever received. I also wanted to thank Val & Ron, who are the best in-laws a girl could ask for, thank you for everything! Thanks to all of those who sent their love through the mail and remembered us this Christmas!! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We missed our families and we love you!!

1 comment:

valpal said...

I am so happy that you are going to receive some things of your mothers. That was a Christmas miracle the those boxes were still there. I hope you get them soon. Love you guys.