
"You are never so lost that an angel can't find you."
Tonight I went to Enrichment night with my neighbor and good friend Molly. As you all know I have been inactive in the church for years now. I have been thinking about attending church again now for the last few years. Mostly for my kids sake, but tonight, I really thought about it.
The Enrichment night theme was "Angels Among Us" and a few women stood up and spoke about someone in their life that they considered an angel to them and why. It really got me thinking. It was such a great dinner and program that I came home and I was inspired to blog about it. I have so many people that have blessed my life that I consider my angels, but I really wanted to talk about one person who has really made such a difference in my life in the short time I have known her.
My angel is Molly, my next door neighbor and new friend. Molly and Jason and their cute little boy, Carter live next door to us. When we moved in, they immediately came over to introduce themselves to us because they saw our University of Utah license plates and they are big fans also. I thought to myself, "Wow, what a coincidence that we move to Las Vegas and we have Ute fans as neighbors!" but the more I got to know their beautiful family, the more I realized that it wasn't a coincidence at all. Over the past few months, Molly and Jason have been so kind and invite us over for dinner, they spend time with our kids and just welcomed us with open arms. Molly is one of the nicest people I have ever met and I just wanted to let her know how much she has impacted my life here, made it so much easier transitioning into a new place for me and my family.
It may seem to her like something that is just second nature, but it means the world to me. So, thank you Molly for everything and I appreciate you!! I feel like certain people who come into our lives are there for a reason, its just up to us to figure out what it is. I am just grateful that we met and became friends! For this Christmas season, I tag all of you reading this blog to think about someone who is one of your "Angels Among Us" and blog about it;) Merry Christmas!!
7 comments:
You have a good heart, Kylie! Merry Christmas! XO Chris
Dear Kylie,
I am so glad you and your children are getting active in the LDS Church. I say this mainly for your mother who wants nothing more then for this to happen. Your mother has a strong faith, love and passion and commitment to the Gospel and I know she is so very grateful that you and your family are active at Church. She is busy doing God's work in the Spirit world as we speak. She wants you all to be united as an eternal family with her. Can you sense how happy she is, I can. Love you all.
Aunt Mary
I think there are special angles all around us, from good friends, daughters, sons, husbands etc. I have had a lot of angles in my life and one that I would like to talk about now is my sister Sharon. She is going through a rough time right now however she always has time for me and everyone else. She does so much for everyone and nothing for herself (however she did just read the Twilight series.) There are so many people in ours lives that help us and are angles on earth. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who sends people to help us even when we don’t deserve it (especially when we don’t deserve it.)
Love this post Kylie!! I too enjoyed that night and have thought a lot about Angels! Molly is one of mine too! She always has a smile and you know she is a true friend! I'm so glad that I have started to get to know you! Signed - a fellow UTE fan! Melissa
Thanks Kylie.You give me way too much credit. It's been so fun having you guys as neighbors and we've loved getting to know your cute little family. I'll see ya soon.
Thanks Molly for being so good for Kylie. What a sweet post! Follow your heart Kylie and listen to the spirit!
Post a Comment