


Yesterday was a BIG day in the Schrader family!! Kai turned 6!! It seems so insignificant, but of course not for our family!! Kai started school a few weeks ago and I remember dropping him off at the gate in front of the kindergarten yard. There were about 20+ other parents there dropping their kids off also. I gave Kai a kiss and told him to have a good day. He ran up to the gate and before going inside, he turned around and said,
" I Love you mom, are you going to be okay without me for a few hours?" and with tears in my eyes, I said, "yes, Kai, but I'll miss ya."
With that Kai came back and gave me and Ashtyn a big hug and kiss (in front of all these other parents) and ran back into the gate.
My heart literally melted and I immediatley got into the truck with Ash and cried. It was so bittersweet. I was so proud of Kai for starting school, also scared for him and also so full of joy that he was more than happy to show how much he loves his family in front of all those parents. (I know that might change as he gets older)
I called Tyson and told him how sweet it was and I feel like life goes by so fast, we need to cherish every second we have with each other.
Kai's first day of school
1 comment:
My loving, tender-hearted little man! I love you more than anything. You are growing up to be such a smart, funny and outgoing kid! Remember to always ask questions and follow your dreams! Love , mom
Post a Comment