It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Frugality?

Is that a word?

We just moved. It has been 2 years since we last moved. Las Vegas is the place to buy right now, it is soooooo cheap to buy a house here. We have been renting since we moved to Vegas 3 years ago. In order to buy a house, we need to have a good down payment to get a better interest rate and all that jazz.

I have been fervently praying for something. A change maybe? Then, just 4 weeks ago, we decided to move into a smaller home, still in the same ward that we love, with $500 a month less rent! We are closer to our friends and ward members and there are 3 pools here that are open 24/7, 365. Nice.

We actually really love this smaller home. It is something to get use to, but it is really clean and very homey.

I really want to start saving in every way and there are a few people I know that do the couponing stuff. I think I could totally get addicted to it. So, I am going to try it out.:)

The kids' new school is a short walk from my home and I love being this close to them. Since I am the PTA mom, I can be involved with the school much easier.

I would love to hear any other suggestions on how to save money here and there. Please post a comment, all ONE of you! ;)

2 comments:

{Jamey} said...

I know I feel the same way... I don't think anyone reads my blog anymore, yet I still blog away :P I think that's awesome! Good for you guys! They best advice I can give is ALWAYS pay your tithing first!

Cammy Patton said...

I fail at being frugal so you'll have to share the tips you get :)
Congrats on the move!