Kai is turning 8 years old soon. Very soon. Too soon. Yesterday, I had one of those moments. You know, the one where you realize just how fast your kids are growing up and your head spins and you cry a little because you feel like time is your enemy??
I called Deseret Book to see if they had any "imperfect" scripture quads to buy for Kai's 8th birthday. Well, they did. I drove there to pick up his new scriptures. They are beautiful. Black leather with gold trim. I had his name engraved and while I waited, I wanted to pick out the perfect scripture case. I saw this orange one from the corner of my eye in all of its glory, I had to have it for him!
Those of you who know Kai well, know that he LOVES the little things. He is so excited for these new scriptures. He knows he is getting them since it is a tradition in our family when you turn 8 to receive them. He has not, however, seen these...yet.
Anyway, I bought the scripture case and as soon as I was handed the newly engraved scriptures, I lost it. Tears just started rolling down my face. They are even as I type this. What a baby I am.
I just am at a loss at how much Kai has matured and just totally impressed me. He is so smart and he has such a big heart. He is getting baptized on October 9th by Tyson's dad. I couldn't be more proud. It will be a bitter-sweet day for me.
3 comments:
This is awesome! What a cool tradition! What to be an awesome mom:)
That is so neat. I love the bag. He is a lucky boy.
Aww, I can just picture you trying to check out and being a puddle.
Post a Comment