It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Blessed Be

I am so blessed. Lately, I've been reflecting on all of the opportunities that I have been able to have this year. I have seen my sisters in Denver twice and me and the family are going again in October, I have spent QUALITY time with all of my in-laws this year and I have had wonderful weekends at a music festival and General Conference. I have never had these kinds of opportunities in such a short amount of time and I am so grateful.

The last year or so I have really looked at who I am friends with and who is toxic in my life. I have made some changes in that department and I have to say, I am VERY happy with them. I have some genuine and loving friends who I love and would do anything for. I don't have that constant, nagging, feeling that I am being taken advantage of or hurt in some way by "friends". I am aware that feeling comes partly from my own insecurities, but A LOT of it was who I was associating myself with. I have gained some self esteem and self worth the last few years and I owe a lot of this to my husband and my family and my dear friends who always support me and are there for me in any situation.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to these people, these diamonds and gems that I have in my life. I couldn't have progressed this much without you!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

This is an awesome post! Yay for you and all the progress you are making! This life is such a journey with lots of peaks and valleys...good luck continuing on this new path. Wishing you lots of luck :)

Corrina Terry said...

You're doing great! Keep on with it!!! :o)

Cammy Patton said...

You're a gem my friend!

Ginger said...

I like online friends, like you! Hopefully someday real life friends!